Planners for conferences, retreats, conventions, meetings, wellness events, and trainings can contact Dr. Groves for speaking engagements. She is a lively, engaging speaker who has presented and taught at colleges and universities, professional associations, trade groups, government agencies, nonprofits, judges and courts, women's groups, churches, schools, book clubs, NGOs, corporations, and social groups. Some topics include:
Career Boot Camp (interactive career development workshop)
The Story of You (seeking your true vocation and finding purpose and passion in your work)
Marriage: The First 50 Years are the Hardest (keys to happy long-term relationships)
Playing With A Full Deck (tapping into your inner resilience)
Life Billionaires Next Door (interviewing skills for oral history)
What's Growing in my Family Tree? (career development for youths)
Mental Health: From Illness to Wellness (policies and practices in health care)
DR. GROVES IN THE MEDIA
- In November 2016, Kerin taught a workshop on cultural competence in counseling older adults at the Texas Counseling Association's annual conference in Dallas, TX.
- The November 2016 cover story of Counseling Today (the magazine of the American Counseling Association) features Kerin and several other professional counselors in their story on counseling for grief and loss: Walking with clients through their final days.
- In April 2016, Kerin gave a presentation for American and Canadian counselors on counseling older adults at the joint international conference of the American Counseling Association and the Canadian Counseling Association in Montreal, Canada.
- The January 2015 cover story of Counseling Today (the magazine of the American Counseling Association) includes an interview with Kerin and several other professional counselors for their story on resistance:
Scaling Client Walls. http://ct.counseling.org/2015/12/scaling-client-walls/
- Kerin authored two sections in the group counseling book, Group Work Experts Share Their Favorite Activities for the Prevention and Treatment of Substance Use Disorders. The book was published in 2015 by the Association for Specialists in Group Work, a division of the American Counseling Association.
- Kerin's presentation on counseling with older adults was awarded the Best Poster Session at the January 2015 conference of the Texas Association of Counselor Education and Supervision, in Austin Texas.
Kerin Groves, PhD, LPC-S, NCC, CCMHC
Licensed Professional Counselor (Texas #69302)
Nationally Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor (CCMHC #611559)
Dr. Groves is a state licensed and nationally certified professional counselor. She earned her BSW and MS degrees from the University of North Texas and a doctorate from Texas A&M University-Commerce. Dr. Groves has 25 years of experience in social work, counseling, research, and teaching. She has a positive, strengths-based approach focusing on emotional wellness, maximum functioning, and quality of life. Her preferred counseling methods include cognitive-behavioral therapy, rational-emotive behavior therapy, reality therapy, existential therapy, narrative therapy, and Christian counseling. She is also a speaker, educator, trainer, qualitative researcher, and writer.
Conflict Management Institute, PLLC
4401 N. I-35, Suite 112, Denton, TX 76207